45 CREATIVE DIY BACKDROP IDEAS FOR YOUR WEDDING OR PARTY
Backdrops DIY’s are one of my favourite things to make. They are usually fairly simple yet hugely effective and can transform any space. They can be used for all types of things whether it be as an alternative to a traditional wedding altar, decor for a cake table or used for a photo booth and are great for any type of party or event. The best thing is they can be easily customized to suit your gig at relatively low cost, so here’s 45 of our favourite DIY’s, suitable for any occasion.
1. We have featured this Paper Daisy Backdrop (Top) many times before, but it just never gets old. We think this cheerful backdrop would be awesome for a spring wedding. (Photo by Anna Killian via The House that Lars Built)
7. With ‘Greenery’ as Pantones color of the year, we expect to see even more brides bringing the outdoors in and this DIY Vine Wall Backdrop would be the perfect wedding detail. (Photo by Kristina Curtis Photography via Ruffled)
11. Want a quick and simple backdrop idea? Blow up balloons in different colours and weight them down at different heights to create a Balloon Backdrop just like this. (Photo by Mary Costa Photography via Studio DIY)
14. Get in the spirit of summer and learn how to make your own Tropical Photo Booth Backdrop. I don’t know about you but I would be tempted to keep this up all year round to keep those summer vibes flowing. (Photo via Brit & Co)
15. If your venue is fussy about using adhesives on walls how about this Post-it Note Photo Booth Backdrop. It won’t leave any residue and the sticky adhesive isn’t strong enough to pull away any paint or paper when its being taken down? (Photo via Poppytalk)
21. Stickers made a huge comeback last year and we couldn’t have been happier. (Seriously, we event stuck them on our pumpkins), so this Giant Sticker Photo Booth Backdrop is the stuff our 80’s dreams are made of! (Photo via Oh Happy Day)
23. The easiest projects are always the best and all you need to do for this Balloon Wall Photo Booth is blow up balloons in different colors, shapes and sizes and stick to a wall using tape – simples! (Photo by Alison Piepmeyer via Oh Happy Day)
24. Although this DIY was created on an actual wall in someones home, we think this would be just as easy to recreate as a backdrop. All you would need is a large white roll of backdrop paper to unleash your artistic skills on an voila, your very own Pink Ombre Wall for use at your party or event. (Photo via Classy Clutter)
30. Create this Cursive Word Backdrop at your wedding using your initials, married name or even a hashtag. The options are endless with this DIY and it looks seriously cool! (Photo by Amy Moss via Oh Happy Day)
38. Learn how to make your own Giant Floating Confetti Photo Booth because theirs only one thing better than normal confetti and that’s giant sized confetti! (Photo by Mary Costa Photography via Studio DIY)
So which is your favourite? Let us know in the comments below. For more backdrop inspiration follow us on Pinterest.