Spring is upon us and it’s time to start prepping for one of my favourite holidays, EASTER!! This year won’t be quite the same however, back in January, I challenged myself to become sugar free, dairy free and gluten free. Well nearly 4 months in and I am still on track, in fact I’ve not even been tempted to stray, but I’m sure Easter will be the true tester.
Becoming vegan has not only meant no chocolate but it also means no Easter egg decorating for me, well so I thought? A quick Google search revealed a plethora of Easter eggs alternatives, ceramic, wooden, plastic, felt, you name it there was an egg made out of it, YAY!
Thrilled to hear I wouldn’t have to also give up another of my favourite Easter traditions, I ordered some made out of ceramic and did what any Easter egg enthusiast would do… spend hours scouring Pinterest for the most unique ways to decorate them.
So if your putting on an egg hunt or hosting an Easter breakfast, these fun and colourful designs are sure to make you and your guests ‘hoppy’!
1. Unicorn lovers all over, will love this fun DIY! (Image via Unicorn Easter Eggs: ) Love Vividly
2. Turn your eggs into birds with this easy tutorial. (Image via Swan + Flamingo Easter Eggs: ) Studio DIY
3. No dyeing involved with these pretty pastel Easter eggs. (Image by Brittni Mehlhoff, via Crescent Moon Easter Eggs: ) Paper & Stitch
4. If you’re as obsessed with tropical leaves and foliage as much as I am then you will love this project. It includes a free printable too! (Image via Tropical Leaf Easter Egg: ) Oh So Beautiful Paper
5. These eggs are fun, flirty and full of sass, perfect for a girly brunch. (Image via Bouffant Easter Eggs: ) Studio DIY
6. You guys know how much we love Snapchat filters, we even made our own Snapchat Filter Easter Eggs: so you can probably guess why this might just be our favourite Easter egg DIY yet! (Image via real life versions ) Aww Sam
7. A simple and cute last minute project, simply using vinyl and made to look like patches! (Image via : Patch Game Easter Surprise Eggs ) Brite & Bubbly
8. These are so on trend and all you need to make them is green egg dye and a black marker. (Image via Cactus Easter Eggs: ) Delia Creates
9. Another fun and easy idea, these would make great place names at an Easter or spring wedding too! (Image via Calligraphy Easter Eggs: ) Sugar and Charm
10. I just love how Studio DIY manages to turn Easter eggs into all types of things, first its animals, then ladies with big ol’ bouffants and now it’s burgers, what will she think of next? (Image by Burger Easter Eggs: via Jeff Mindell ) Studio DIY
11. I’m a sucker for geometric print and paired with bright colours, these Easter eggs even more modern and funky! (Image via Gold Geometric Eater Eggs: ) Lovely Indeed
12. This has to be one of my all time favourite ways to decorate an Easter, so bold and classy! (Image via Abstract & Gold Leaf Easter Eggs: ) Dream a Little Bigger
13. Confetti isn’t just for throwing at parties, use multicolored confetti for a fun way to decorate your eggs this Easter. (Image via : Confetti Easter Eggs ) Alice & Lois
14. Because everyone needs emoji eggs in their life! (Image via : Emoji Easter Eggs ) Studio DIY
15. I just love how brightly colored these eggs are and they only take 10 minutes to make! (Image via Brush Stroke Painted Easter Eggs: ) Tell, Love and Party
16. These eggs are so cool I would want to keep them forever! (Image via Typograpy Sand Art Easter Eggs: ) Aww Sam
17. Now this looks ridiculously tasty! (Image via Banana Split Easter Egg: ) Dawn Nicole Designs
18. These would be pretty funny for a Easter egg hunt! (Image via Typography Easter Eggs: ) Lovely Indeed
19. Easter eggs are the perfect blank canvas to create mesmerizing designs such as these. (Image by Kurt Andre via Galaxy Eggs: ) Brit & Co
20. A super cute way to decorate your Easter eggs, if your feeling a little tropical. (Image Andy Johnson for : Pink Pineapple Easter Eggs ) Best Friends for Frosting
21. If your drawing skills aren’t great, this is another awesome emoji way to say happy Easter! (Image via Emoji Patterened Easter Eggs: ) Aww Sam
22. This DIY takes the marbling technique to a whole new dimension. (Image by Nole Garey for Hologram Galaxy Easter Eggs: ) Oh So Beautiful Paper
23. You don’t need to be a Picasso to try your hand at this DIY. (Image by Andy Johnson for Painted Brush Stroke Eggs: ) Best Friends For Frosting
24. Taking my palm leaf obsession to a whole new level! (Image by Pink Palm Leaf Easter Eggs : for Jenn Bartell ) Best Friends For Frosting
25. I think this is still one of the most creative Easter egg ideas I’ve seen. (Image by Celebrity Easter Eggs: via Jeff Mindell ) Studio DIY
26. If only the Easter bunny could bring bags of money like this! (Image by Money Bag Easter Egg: Jeff Mindell via ) Studio DIY
27. A super fun way to spell out messages from that generous Easter bunny. (Image via Alphabet Easter Eggs: ) Lovely Indeed
28. Hologram Easter eggs in every colour for the rainbow! YES PLEASE! (Image by Nole Garey for Hologram Foil Easter Eggs: ) Oh So Beautiful Paper
29. When Easter eggs look this good things could get a little confusing? (Image via Ice Cream Cone Easter Eggs: ) Studio DIY
30. Is it any surprise that even eggs look magical when covered in designs inspired by Lisa Frank? (Image by : Lisa Frank Easter Eggs Jeff Mindell via ) Studio DIY
Have fun decorating your eggs this Easter!