11 QUICK & EASY WEDDING DIYS THAT CAN BE MADE AHEAD TO SAVE ON TIME
When it comes to planning a wedding all we really want to do is make lives easy for ourselves right? Not only do we want to save money where we can, we want to save time too, so the more we can plan and get down before the big day the better. This then means the weeks leading up to the wedding can be put to better use like chilling out, relaxing and looking forward to the day we say ‘I do’! So to help you save time (& stacks of moolah!) we’ve scoured our archives for 12 of the easiest and quickest wedding DIY’s that you can make ahead of time.
1. Envelope Table Plan with Pretty Floral Liners: Surprisingly tables plans are often left to the last minute. This is largely due to the fact that guests can be pretty unpredictable, so you might not think this is something you can get done too ahead of time. With this table plan the individual guest lists can easily slide in and out of the envelopes, allowing you to make any last minute changes without spoiling the entire design. It is super cheap & simple to make ahead, not to mention we have done all the hard work for you by designing the free printable liners.
2. Free Printable Guest Cards for Well Wishes: If you’re looking for something a little different to the usual guestbook or postcards for your guest’s to write their well wishes on, then look no further. These fruity cards are a ton more colourful and fun for your guests to grab and get sentimental and gushy with. Plus all you need is good a free printable, quality card, a pen, some pegs & string for your guest’s to hang up and create a statement fruit wall at the reception!
3. Celebrate Tassel Cake Topper: Can you believe this cake topper costs less than £3.50! It’s so cute! Quick and easy to make and requires such basic skills that even a kid could do it!
4. Printable Geometric Heart Favor Boxes: These printable heart favour boxes are really simple to make and require minimum materials too! Not kidding, you could make 50 of these for under £20, now that is a bargain!
5. Mexican Themed Table Numbers: It can’t get much easier than this! Just download and print off these table numbers on to good quality cardstock and voila, table numbers sorted!
6. Turn Old Bottles into Painted works of Art: When it comes to wedding decor, sometimes you just need to get a little thrifty and start reusing items to cut down the costs. One of the most effective ways to do this is to save any bottles you have finished with, (or you know…just buy extra wine…) and wash them out then remove all of their labels. When you have a good collection of bottles painting them and filling them with pretty blooms is an awesome way to decorate the tables at your wedding! Granted some of these patterns are a little more time consuming than others so stick to simple patterns like the metallic and polka dots.
7. Free Printable Abstract Confetti Cones: Great news these confetti cones are so easy to make, just download the free printable here, roll them into a cone and glue them in place! DONE! If you want to add a little metallic bonus like we did then you’ll just need some spray paint and kitchen roll, just wrap the kitchen roll around the top of the cone to create a straight line and then spray paint the ends!
9. Feather Garland: We have done the hard part and created the feather templates for you so all you need to do is cut them out. Of course the amount of time it takes to make one of these depends on whether or not you have a Cricut to cut them out. If you do, great! It takes less than an hour to make a 6m garland. If you don’t and you’re having to hand cut each one, you might want to set aside a bit more time.
10. Fun Slogan Confetti Bags: If you want to give your guests confetti to cover you in then why not create some cute confetti bags to go with them? It couldn’t be easier! Many of the materials you will likely have lying around at home like food bags, stapler and added extras like the sticker letters and assorted confetti can be bought from your local craft store. It takes around 5 minutes to complete 1 bag and to make 50 of these would only cost between £8-£10, BARGAIN!
11. Free Printable Alphabet Banner: Ever seen a beautiful banner on the internet but didn’t like what it said? Well I have the solution for you! A free printable alphabet banner INCLUDING numbers and symbols! Woohoo! Now you can decide whether you want yours and your other halves names, the date of your wedding, a thank you or even a fun party message! The choice is yours! Simply download the templates, print out the pages you need and get cutting! To attach the banner to string punch holes in the corners of the letters then thread string through. You can sellotape the back of them to keep them in place too!
So what are waiting for it time to get crafting! Which of these are your favourite? Don’t forget to tag you DIY photos on Instagram and use #BespokeBrideDIY, we can’t wait to see you creations!