5 WAYS TO ORGANIZE A WEDDING IN UNCERTAIN TIMES
September would usually signal an end to the height of wedding season but with the season barely even getting off the ground this year due to Covid-19, it’s time for couples to think about prepping for their wedding in the new year ahead. And unfortunately for many that will mean rebooking weddings that were unable to go ahead in 2020.
From announcement banners and invitations to change the dates and even a Covid calculator, wedding planning website ‘JOY’ organises the planning process for you. Whether your newly engaged or rebooking your wedding, Joy’s free wedding planning tools will help you smoothly transition from being engaged to getting married, whatever life might throw at you.
Here are 5 ways Joy can help you get ready for the best day of your lives. Check it out!
1. Go Digital. Most of us find it easier to plan something when we have everything, we need all in one place. Even if you’re in the early stages of planning, it won’t be long until you have guest lists to manage and RSVP’s to keep track of. Joy has a mobile app which is 100% free to download. Grab the app now and have easy access to whatever you need wherever and whenever you want.
2. Customise Your Day Your Way. Your wedding is great way to share your creativity and with hundreds of beautiful wedding website designs to choose from Joy gives you the ability to customize layouts, fonts, and add photos and videos to your wedding website no matter your skill level. They also have a huge range of save-the-dates, change-the-dates, and invitations that match your wedding website. Send unlimited, full customizable save-the-date and invitation e-cards for free through Joy, or order printed invitations through their printing partners. Now more than ever, couples are turning to online change-the-dates and invites to quickly update guests of changing wedding plans amid COVID-19.
3. Be Prepared for Change. In this new world with Covid, even the best laid plans can sometimes be cancelled. Joy has created a COVID Wedding Calculator to help you determine changes you may need to make to your wedding plans amid COVID-19 and provides an overview of options that could help you. Wondering if you might need to lower your guest count? Change your wedding from indoor to outdoor? Wear a facemask? Fill in the questionnaire and the calculator will make a series of suggestions to help you assess how the pandemic may influence your wedding plans.
You can now also add an announcement banner to appear across your Joy wedding website and mobile app, so that if your plans have changed you can quickly draw guests’ attention to your news. And, if your wedding plans have changed and you need to alert your guests of a new date, Joy’s Change the Dates help you do just that. Send unlimited free e-cards to your guests, available in hundreds of beautiful designs and featuring fully customizable text.
Furthermore, with Joy you can now live stream your wedding directly through your Joy wedding website and mobile app to have your loved ones celebrate virtually with you! This is incredibly easy for your guests, as they simply visit your wedding website at the time of your wedding to tune in. Following your wedding you can upload the recording of your livestream to your wedding website, allowing your guests to continue reliving your big day!
If you do choose to have a virtual ceremony or minimony, ask any guests that are present with you to add photos to the ‘Moments’ shared album on your Joy wedding website, which updates in real time so your virtual guests can follow along from afar.
4. Get Informed. Newspapers, news channels, even social media is awash with information about Covid-19, so it can be particularly hard to determine what is fact and what isn’t. Joy has it’s very own Covid-19 Wedding planning resource center which includes a plethora of advice, as well as links to trusted organisations such as WHO, being properly informed will give you piece of mind and help you to make plans based on fact rather than speculation.
5. Be organised. Crush all your wedding goals with Joy’s free planning tools, whether you need track RSVP’s, manage your guest list, answer FAQ’s or even integrate things like Google maps, Uber or your registry, Joy makes it easy for you to link all your accounts in one place and gives you multiple admin access so you can share your account with others who may be helping with the planning.
It’s always our goal to make planning you’re wedding as fun and as easy as possible, even more so in the current situation we find ourselves in. So, if you’re feeling a little lost or stuck with it all, you really should check out JOY – it really will take some of the pressure off planning.