If you follow Bespoke Bride on Instagram you’ll know I recently sent out my Save the Dates. I’ve had so much wonderful feedback about them and I’m hugely grateful to Jess for designing them for me but now it’s time to send out the invitations and for this I’m turning to the professionals. As with everything I’ve sneak peaked so far, I want the invitations to really set the tone of the day so today’s title, floral stationery is a tiny hint at just one of the things we’ll be featuring a lot of on the day.Details
Even though this is primarily a wedding blog and we’re all about the love for your OH up in here, we still think there’s no love quite like that between you and your besties and It’s always nice to take the time to appreciate your gal pals right?! So with valentines just around the corner wouldn’t it be the cutest idea to throw a little Galentines party?! And actually, this theme doesn’t even have to be right by valentines day, it would also work for a pretty epic bridal shower, hen party or bachelorette right?! Cue the heart balloons, confetti canons and all the girl power!
SET THE TABLE
First up, we love the idea of setting the table with adorable heart themed accessories! We got some adorable pink heart plates from Postbox Party and popped heart lollipops and heart napkins around them. We decided that we wanted everything to either be pink or red just to really pack those girlie lovey vibes into everything! This included the flowers running down the centre of the table, and the lovely Beq from Beq’s Bouquets did not disappoint in supplying us with an abundance of gorgeous pink blooms! You’ll also spot our brand new chick flick quote stickers on all of the glasses on the tables, because wants a girlie evening without a little chick flick fun right?! You can grab the stickers here if you like and they include funny quotes from films like mean girls, legally blonde, clueless and more! We filled the drinks with pretty pink lemonade and added a splash of grenadine to create the ombre effect. If you want to be even more extra with your table then you can add a bunch of pink snacks too like pink wafers, pretty pink popcorn or cupcakes! We love these influential women cookies from Aww Sam!
This shoot was inspired by the longer days, warmer temperatures, and everyone’s favorite season! Summer is filled with fruity cocktails, sunshine, and a ton of blooms, so what better way to encompass all of those summer details than with a Kate Spade Hawaiian vacation meets chic summer soiree!Details
Photo by Robbins Photographic via Rock My Wedding
There really is something about a warehouse that inspires the creator inside me.Whether old and abandoned and or modern and loved, warehouses are a giant blank canvas and such fun to work with. The broken down walls are added shelving space, the concrete floors and walls give the venue an edge, whilst the old steel beams provide character and charm, as well as a handy place to hang decor. So if your looking to tie the knot in a warehouse but not sure where to start we have gathered some of our favourite warehouse weddings to provide plenty of inspiration, so that your wedding venue will be the coolest one around on your wedding day.
Industrial Warehouse Wedding: With wildflower filled troughs, a giant rainbow coloured ribbon installation, relaxed trestle tables and mismatched seating this wedding decor is pretty epic!
Photo by Boots Photography
Industrial Warehouse Inspired Wedding: It’s hard to believe that you can create an entire wedding setup in one warehouse but this inspiration proves that it can be done and just how good it looks! Old vintage chairs line the aisle, whilst a fun floral heart marks the altar, this is proof that warehouses don’t have to be dark and dingey.
Photo by Heather Michelle Photography via Bespoke Bride
Whimsical Warehouse Inspiration: Featuring bright pops of colour against whitewashed walls and funky furniture, there’s nothing industrial about this warehouse, it’s all types of whimsical instead.
Photo by Dan O’Day via Green Wedding Shoes
Modern Scottish Warehouse Wedding: Now this is a wedding that won’t be forgotten in a hurry. This stylish warehouse celebration in Glasgow was described by the bride as a big dirty/pretty party for their loved ones and wasn’t traditional in the slightest. We think this will be a firm favourite with our readers.
Photo by Sarah Eubanks Photography via Bespoke Bride
DIY Industrial Geometric Wedding: Remember how I said steel features come in handy for hanging decor? This is the perfect example of how to fill your warehouse reception space with florals using these old features that would be hard to find in any other type of venue.
Photos by Kat Hill via London Bride
Cosy Urban Winter Warehouse Wedding: Warehouses are often viewed as cold and heartless but this wedding proves just how cosy and romantic they can really be!
Photo by Smitten & Hooked via Rock n Roll Bride
Couple Shoot in an Abandoned Warehouse: If your looking for something a little more minimalistic just adding a few simple but stylish decor ideas will still add some flair to your space and don’t forget to make the most of the setting with some edgy photos.
Photo by Gore Vázquez via Green Wedding Shoes
Abandoned Warehouse Wedding in Spain: When it comes to creating your own unique wedding, sometimes you need to break a few rules. Instead of opting for a traditional wedding venue, Yago and Alberto chose to hold their ceremony and reception at an abandoned winemaking warehouse at Costa de Morte in Spain.
Photos by Arrow & Apple via A Beautiful Mess
A Beautiful Mess Wedding: We have been fans of lifestyle blog A Beautiful Mess for years now! Emma and Elsie are the queens of home makeovers and DIY, so when Elsie announced she was getting married we always knew it was going to be full of DIY awesomeness and definitely not your typical wedding. Therefore is probably not surprising that even though Elsie’s wedding took place over 5 years ago now, we are still talking about it!
Photo by Nickel City Studios Via Rock n Roll Bride
Super Cool Abandoned Warehouse Wedding: It’s hard to believe that this wedding isn’t a styled shoot as it really is that beautiful! The vision for this wedding was an old abandoned warehouse, that was slowly being taken over by nature, who was looking to claim back its space.
Photos by Pierre Curry via Hello May
Private Industrial Warehouse Wedding: This is a fantastic example of how warehouses provide couples with a blank space on which they can express themselves.
When it comes to planning a wedding all we really want to do is make lives easy for ourselves right? Not only do we want to save money where we can, we want to save time too, so the more we can plan and get down before the big day the better. This then means the weeks leading up to the wedding can be put to better use like chilling out, relaxing and looking forward to the day we say ‘I do’! So to help you save time (& stacks of moolah!) we’ve scoured our archives for 12 of the easiest and quickest wedding DIY’s that you can make ahead of time.
1. Envelope Table Plan with Pretty Floral Liners: Surprisingly tables plans are often left to the last minute. This is largely due to the fact that guests can be pretty unpredictable, so you might not think this is something you can get done too ahead of time. With this table plan the individual guest lists can easily slide in and out of the envelopes, allowing you to make any last minute changes without spoiling the entire design. It is super cheap & simple to make ahead, not to mention we have done all the hard work for you by designing the free printable liners.
2. Free Printable Guest Cards for Well Wishes: If you’re looking for something a little different to the usual guestbook or postcards for your guest’s to write their well wishes on, then look no further. These fruity cards are a ton more colourful and fun for your guests to grab and get sentimental and gushy with. Plus all you need is good a free printable, quality card, a pen, some pegs & string for your guest’s to hang up and create a statement fruit wall at the reception!
3. Celebrate Tassel Cake Topper: Can you believe this cake topper costs less than £3.50! It’s so cute! Quick and easy to make and requires such basic skills that even a kid could do it!
4. Printable Geometric Heart Favor Boxes: These printable heart favour boxes are really simple to make and require minimum materials too! Not kidding, you could make 50 of these for under £20, now that is a bargain!
5. Mexican Themed Table Numbers: It can’t get much easier than this! Just download and print off these table numbers on to good quality cardstock and voila, table numbers sorted!
6. Turn Old Bottles into Painted works of Art: When it comes to wedding decor, sometimes you just need to get a little thrifty and start reusing items to cut down the costs. One of the most effective ways to do this is to save any bottles you have finished with, (or you know…just buy extra wine…) and wash them out then remove all of their labels. When you have a good collection of bottles painting them and filling them with pretty blooms is an awesome way to decorate the tables at your wedding! Granted some of these patterns are a little more time consuming than others so stick to simple patterns like the metallic and polka dots.
7. Free Printable Abstract Confetti Cones: Great news these confetti cones are so easy to make, just download the free printable here, roll them into a cone and glue them in place! DONE! If you want to add a little metallic bonus like we did then you’ll just need some spray paint and kitchen roll, just wrap the kitchen roll around the top of the cone to create a straight line and then spray paint the ends!Details
We tend to feature inspirational shoots with skulls as a part of the decor in the lead up to Halloween and Dia De Los Muertos but rarely, if ever have we seen them be used as part of a spring themed shindig….and we absolutely LOVE it! These plastic skulls were given a serious upgrade with pretty pastel spray paint and an abundance of beautiful blooms! Also the jewellery in this shoot is pretty kick ass ! Here’s how you can get the look yourself…Details
This retro-vintage styled bridal shoot took place at the Lionsgate Event Center just outside of the Denver area in Colorado and it could not have been more perfect. From its pop art murals to the perma-parked old yellow truck, it had it all! Lush grounds with blossoms on the trees were perfect for the “spring-y” feel Ashley and the rest of the team had wanted the shoot to emit!Details
I have to admit, I am not great at gift giving. I really struggle with unique ideas and I am afraid to say I am one of those people that will very often opt for the easy option of a gift voucher or cash on birthdays and Christmases. When it comes to giving wedding gifts I am no better, in fact I find it even more difficult! With so many couples having already set up home long before they married, a simple toaster or kettle is no longer a necessity. So what do you get a couple that quite literally has everything they need?
Well for those of you, who like me suck at giving gifts, read on, as I have found the answer! UncommonGoods features unique designs and handcrafted wedding gifts created in harmony with the environment and without harm to animals or people. Any of you that have been reading this blog for long will know that these are qualities I think to be highly important which is why I wanted to share them with you today. Imagine gifting a couple a keepsake that has been completely personalised knowing that not only will it be treasured for a lifetime but was sourced responsibly and had a positive impact on the environment?
A customised piece of artwork would be a great way to commemorate the moment a couples paths first crossed, maybe you could remind them of the places they have travelled with a hand embroidered pillow, or if cooking is their thing how about a personalised chopping board? Of course we shouldn’t forget to mention that this is also a fantastic place to find gifts especially for the bride or groom. A personalised gold cuff with initials and wedding date would make the most wonderful gift to give to the bride on the morning of her wedding. A keepsake to remember for ever! These are just a few ideas for wedding gifts but if you visit their site you will find loads more!Details
Oh my gosh our wedding for today is so exciting! This wedding has all the fun of the circus, a big top tent, acrobats and even a fly over.
As if all that wasn’t enough for you the bride and groom are utterly gorgeous, the blooms are totally beautiful, almost all of the details are completely handmade and the bridesmaids dresses were my favourite colour – mint green!
What more could you possibly want….
We were married at the St Andrews Church in the village of Middleton on the Wolds. The village is very important to us as Jonny grew up there with his parents who sadly are no longer with us. It also held some momentum for me as my parents owned a Land Rover garage which was just across the road from Jonny’s parents so we both had spent a lot of our childhood there – it was the perfect place for us to get married.Details