Sometimes when it comes to DIYing your wedding you just want some projects that are simple and effective right? If you’re planning on making your own desserts and want to go a little bit more modern with it then why not dish out these fun decorated frozen yogurt pops?! I know a lot of people are ditching the traditional desserts and going for donut stands instead or ice cream vans so why not make yogurt pops a thing?! The best news is you can just buy a bunch of pops (or ice creams like magnums would work too!), decorate them at your own leisure, then pop them back in the freezer and forget about them until the day! Easy! Let’s get started shall we?Details
Photo via Bespoke Bride
We are super super excited that today is the very first day of October and you know what that means right? HALLOWEEN!!! Having lunch with a friend last week, she asked us how we managed to stay colorful for the autumnal weather and whilst we admit it is a bit more of a challenge, bright bold colours are definitely are in for fall!
This got us thinking about weddings and how we could apply our love of colour to autumn/ winter weddings, so where better to start than with pumpkins. We have scoured the web for 12 of our favourite colorful pumpkin DIY’s and we promise there is not an ounce of orange in sight.
1. Pastel Pumpkin Cookies: For any of you that may be unfamiliar with the work of Deanna from Obsessive Cookie Designer, she is a cookie extraordinaire, making fancy custom sugar cookies for all to enjoy. These candy colored pumpkin cookies are a daydream and the perfect way to see in one of our favourite holidays.
Photo via Lovely Indeed
2. Painted Mini Pumpkins: So mini pumpkins are just the cutest right, especially when painted in such fun colours! Don’t you think these would make awesome table decorations at a wedding, or even as little place name holders, oh, I would have so much fun with these!
Photo by Jared Smith via Sugar & Cloth
3. Sequin Polka Dot Pumpkins: Polka dots are pretty much my favourite pattern so imagine my excitement when I saw it on a pumpkin! The gold against the white is so pretty and classy, whilst the sequins add a touch of glamour making it a great decor choice for a wedding.
Photo via For the Makers
4. Gold & Neon No-carve Pumpkins: This is one of my favourite pumpkin DIY’s EVER! They are just so funky! Painted in gold first, then with a touch of colour is super effective.
Photo via Sarah Hearts
5. Decoupage Tissue Paper Pumpkins: Using tissue paper to decorate your pumpkins can add a cool textured look to your pumpkin and is a great way to use up any left pieces of tissue paper from gifts etc.
Photo via Fall For DIY
6. Halloween Party Pumpkin Pops: When I saw these cake pops, I couldn’t help but think how cool they would be on desert table at a fall wedding, or any event for that matter. This DIY is super simple and can be made in any colour to match your theme.Details
Am I barking mad (oh me) to think a puppy themed wedding could be possible?! If you know me personally then you will know that it is no secret that I am dog crazy and after Jess’s post last week on 10 Cat Wedding Must Haves I thought it would only be fair that we equalise the cat and dog world here on Bespoke Bride! I’ve had so much fun finding features for this post and a part of me began to consider this theme myself! Especially for Mushu’s first birthday party! Now let’s get you dog lovers tails wagging with our 10 ways a dog wedding would be PAWsome…
1: First things first we need to get your pooch looking proper! This easy tutorial from Alma Camponesa shows you how!
2: I am sooo in love with this Ted Baker bag! Such a classy accessory for the bride or bridesmaids.. I may have to purchase one myself!
3: How awesome is this pet themed clock DIY from A Beautiful Mess?! It would be an amazing piece of decor at your wedding!Details