While I love using trends to inspire my creativity, I especially love it when an unexpected source of inspiration comes my way, rather like today’s Valentine’s Day shoot, which all started with a black and white stripe gold leaf settee that needed a face lift.
Got yourself a sweet tooth? I know I do and what better time to treat yourself to a little sugary treat that on Valentines day?! Whether you’re baking up a storm for your gal pals night in or you wanted to create something extra special for your other half, we’ve got your back with our favourite 50 sweet treats for V-Day!
1.(above) I mean, I can’t even express how awesome this heart eye emoji cake roll is from Aww Sam!
2. These macarons from Sugar & Cloth are making all of our ombre dreams come true!
3. Did somebody say Valentine’s chocolate shot glasses?! Via The Bewitchin Kitchen.
4. Why just have conversation hearts when you can have conversation heart donuts?! Via Aww Sam.
5. How sweet is this heart shape rose tart recipe over on Brit & Co?!
6. I love how pretty and colourful these watercolour heart cookies are via The Sweet Escape!
7. Express your feelings with these chocolate letterings via Brit & Co, bonus points for topping them on a waffle!
8. Who could resist these heart throb cookies via Aww Sam?! I’d be grabbing Ryan Gosling and Jared Leto for myself!
9. Aww Sam also created this adorable best friends forever necklace cake!
10. For something similar but still oh so cute why not make a batch of Valentines sugar cookies in pretty pastel colours? Via Alice & Lois.
Can you believe Valentines day is a mere 12 days away? 12 days people!! If you’re giving your beau something sweet then why not wrap it up in a cute box with a fun pun?! Everyone loves a pun and I’m yet to find someone who doesn’t love donuts so WIN WIN! This free printable tutorial couldn’t be…
When it comes to design and DIY Aww Sam is quite simply the queen! Her fun and modern blog sees some of the most easy alternative DIY projects I have ever laid my eyes on, which is good because you will want to do them all. Add to this Sam’s A class baking skills and the coolest instagram account in town and I promise you, she will be the next best thing you have added to your blog reader in a long time! (Aside Bespoke Bride, of course!)
Over to you Sam…
“There’s nothing like telling a friend how much they mean to you by sharing the other half of your “best friends” necklace with them! Or at least that was the hip thing to do in middle school anyways. Ha! (I totally think best friend necklaces are the bomb) So, we’re doing a throwback and transforming one of your favorite pieces of statement jewelry into a donut to to give to your friends or bridesmaids to say, “you’re my bff!”
YOU WILL NEED:
Fried donut dough// Broken heart cookie cutter// Frying oil// Pink icing// White icing// Piping bag//
Use your favorite dried donut recipe to make the dough. Roll out the dough and use the broken heart cookie cutters to cut out your shapes. Allow to rise for 30 minutes and fry in a pan and frying oil. Allow the donuts to cool completely before icing.