DIY GRINCH QUOTE MUGS
Are you a secret Grinch about Christmas or do you absolutely LOVE the holidays?? I easily fall into the second category, every year when Halloween is over I start to feel the excitement of the Christmas spirit building inside of me! I really love hosting Christmas and going to town on DIY decorations, homemade presents and more! Last year we created these funny Christmas pun stickers to go on everyone’s glasses at the table and they were such a hit that I knew I had to do something similar this year, queue GRINCH QUOTE MUGS! haha
The Grinch is definitely in my top 5 Christmas films of all time (rightly placed amongst Love Actually, Home Alone & The Holiday), if you still find a film funny after watching SO MANY times year after year then you know it’s special! The movie has so many hilarious one liners that choosing quotes was a breeze! Here’s how to make your own this holiday… (or alternatively just purchase the sticker sets from us here!)
YOU WILL NEED:
- Plain mugs
- A Cricut Explore*
- Cricut’s berry vinyl
- Transfer tape
- (OR alternatively you can buy the stickers here)
* Please note I’m sure you could still do this with green sticker letters if you wanted to but I think it would be very very difficult to find stickers in this Grinchy font! By using a Cricut machine you can just type in or upload what you want it to cut out and it will do it for you which is way easier! HOW GOOD?!
Open up the Cricut Design Space and type out the quotes that you would like to cut, of course you can do as many or as little as you like but we used the following quotes:
- Am I just eating because i’m bored?
- Oh bleeding hearts of the world unite!
- Hate hate hate, double hate, loathe entirely!
- Holiday who-be what-ee?
- I can’t cancel that again!
- It’s because I’m green isn’t it!
- It’s not a dress it’s a kilt! Sicko!
- Nice kid. Baaad judge of character
- Well pucker up and kiss it whoville!
- That’s it. I’m not going
You’ll want to download and install a font called ‘Grinched’ over on DaFont and then type out the quotes and size them appropriately to your glasses (in our case we sized them 2 inches wide)
Place your red vinyl onto a standard grip mat and hit that Go button and watch while the Cricut cut outs all of your lyrics for you!
Using your transfer tape, place one quote onto a glass, rubbing the transfer tape hard against the glass so it sticks well and then pull the transfer tape away!
Continue until you have covered all of your glasses with your Grinch quotes and then fill them up with your favourite Christmas cocktail of choice (or even a Christmas punch! How fancy!)
Don’t forget, if you’d prefer to just buy the stickers then you can do so here and you can check out the rest of our Christmas DIYs here! xx