BAD-ASS, NEON PINK WEDDING INSPIRATION
If your dream wedding includes a whole lotta’ colour & fun, today’s modern and eclectic shoot has you covered. From bright neon signs and velvet jackets, this inspo will have you seeking out the nearest industrial loft space immediately. Sound like your dream? Are you ready to make your wedding bad-ass then read on.
“The only theme was there was no theme- we wanted to show couples that you can be eclectic and thoughtfully combine things that you love and that you don’t traditionally see paired together to create a new and unique (and more authentic, personalized) look,” began photographer and co-designer Karen.
“I would love if real couples took not just style and color inspiration from this shoot, but “vibe inspiration”. We wanted to capture the relaxed spirit of that last hour of a reception where the couple is still riding on the high of the best day of their lives. This shoot was designed to emulate a beautifully eclectic, laid back, fun and stress-free event where the couple wasn’t afraid to be themselves. One thing I love about the direction the wedding industry is heading is that more couples are tuning out opinions of others and things that are expected, and instead doing things that speak to who they are as a couple. You love pizza? Serve it! Want to wear super bold makeup – go for it! It’s your day, I want my couples to always remember that and make stylistic decisions that speak to who they are and what they love,” she told us.
“We combined lots of textures and bold colors with the neon, fringe, velvet, and bold color, while bringing in some trending styles such as global inspired rugs, wicker, pampas grass and acrylic menus. We wanted to show that you can mix and match vibes to match your own style and budget and still make it achievable for *real* couples who have a bad-ass sense of style and fun, but who are also on a budget.” Karen added.
“The Booking House has it all! It’s a beautifully decorated renovated historic industrial property with stunning decor and owners/managers who are kind and have an eye for detail. String lights bring a romantic glow, and there are big and beautiful preparation areas on site for both bride and groom. No need for brides to worry if it rains on their wedding day because it’s as beautiful inside as it is outside. The industrial look of the outside of the building gives The Booking House a little edge.”
“Bare Ink Co killed it with the invites and lettering. She designed a fun and fresh invite with clean modern lines. Sherba from Mkup added a copper eye to create a look that was both unique with a little edge, and which stayed true to the bright and colorful vibe. The bouquet from Splints and Daisies added some unique and unexpected floral pairings. Emma from Simply Grater Events provided the badass neon sign which I think brought the party vibe all together, and did the beautiful table setting. I love how she did a “look for less” with no floral centerpiece. Together we made an amazing team!”
And finally here are some tips for couples from Karen herself on hot get this look for less!
1. Source things second hand. Consignment pages and sites like Poshmark can be your bff.
2. Save on apparel by searching for high end looks for mid range prices with sites like ASOS and Express.
3. Bring on a planner/designer. It seems counter-intuitive, because yes, it is an added cost, but a great planner (like Emma from Simply Grater) often has vendor connections and/or can find “the look for less”. Additionally, some planners even provide a lot of their own rentals, as was the case here.
4. Prioritize. Are flowers your favorite but you aren’t that worried about videography? Organize your budget accordingly. Similarly you can choose what parts of each element you want to invest in or cut back on. For example, create an amazing bridal bouquet but go more simple with the centerpieces (as we did, with fake colorful grasses).
5. Styled elopements! I LOVE this trend. This is basically an option where you get the look and photos of your dreams combined with an intimate elopement. You can always celebrate with friends and family later with a budget friendly party!
Photography & Co-Design: Karen Rainier Photography I Venue: The Booking House I Coordination, Rentals & Co-Design: Simply Grater Events I Florals: Splints & Daisies I Dress: ASOS I Makeup Artist: Makeup The Beauty Studio I Groom Attire: Express Men I Calligraphy/ Lettering: Bare Ink Co I Cake: Absolute Sweets LLC I Models: Jasmine Lewis & Brandon Leigh I