10 JOURNALLING PROMPTS TO GET CLEAR ON CREATING AN AMAZING YEAR
Let’s not sugar coat it, last year was rough for a lot of people and we all had to search deep within ourselves to deal with things we never imagined we would. I decided to take this opportunity and use the time to focus on myself so much more. Over the years this is definitely something that I let slip and would always feel kind of guilty for spending time on myself, I would always think ‘there’s more work that needs to be done’ or ‘I should do this instead because it’s more important’ so once we were furloughed and couldn’t work anymore having the extra time to think and spend time on me turned out to be one of my favourite things of the year.
I took online courses in manifesting, started tapping, made a vision board and really started to get my goals more clear in my mind! One thing that I found really helpful and something I am continuing into this year is journalling. It can actually be surprising the things that come up when doing this, thoughts you didn’t even know you were harbouring! The key with journalling is just to write down exactly what comes to your mind straight away, just keep writing, don’t think about what you’re saying or what anyone would think if they read it, just get it out of your head and onto the piece of paper in front of you! I always feel such relief after doing this and also feel more clear on any issues that I may need to work on through EFT tapping (If you’re unsure on what tapping is then Gala Darling has a bunch of incredible content on her YouTube channel here that will really help to start moving some of that negative energy you’re holding out of your body)
The great thing about journalling is that you don’t just have to use it for reflection on the past, you can also use it for getting clear on your goals in life, love, business, health and so much more, because after all if we never sit down and really think about these things and what we’re working towards then what is the point? Plus, if you’re big on manifesting like me then you’ll know if you’re sending the universe mixed signals then all you’re going to get back is mixed results. We have to get CLEAR on exactly what we want in order to receive it. So, without further ado here’s 12 journalling prompts that I used at the start of the year to get more focused! Grab a notebook, and work your way through one by one. I also recommend getting a cup of tea and a big bottle of water, because whether we believe it or not, these exercises can be emotionally tiring so make sure you’re keeping hydrated, pop your phone in a drawer and get nice and comfortable with your pen and paper!
- What does the happiest and most successful version of me look like? What does she do? What does her life look like?
- What are three things from last year that I’m really proud of and can celebrate right now?
- If I’m being totally honest with myself, what thoughts do I have throughout the day? Would I prefer to change these and if yes to what?
- If someone could click their fingers and give me the most incredible year of my life, what would that look like?
- What is one thing from last year that didn’t serve me that I’m not taking with me into this year?
- What do I want to improve on this year and how can I take steps to do that?
- What ten things are you most grateful for right now in this very moment?
- Score yourself out of ten in these categories: Relationships, Self Care, Career & Spiritually. How can you increase those numbers this year?
- What are you most looking forward to this year? Get really clear on this, visualise it happening!
- What three words do you want to embody this year?
That last question, once you have your three words for the year I want you to write them onto three separate sticky notes and put them on your mirror so that you can see them every single day! This is going to keep these words fresh in your mind like affirmations and send those beliefs out into the universe. Let’s get to work on creating an amazing year!