Best Signature Cocktails for a Wedding Made with Tequila
When it comes to signature cocktails for a wedding, many couples are opting for tequila-based drinks.
This is likely due in part to the recent surge in popularity of tequila among millennials. And what could be more perfect for a fun, festive wedding than cocktails made with everyone’s favorite party spirit?
First, let’s get to know Tequila and its interesting history.
A Short History of Tequila
The history of Tequila is a long and storied one, dating back to the 16th century. Legend has it that the drink was first created by a man named Don Pedro Sanches de Coronado. According to the legend, de Coronado was traveling through the Mexican state of Jalisco when he came across some wild agave plants. He was so taken by the plants that he decided to try and make a drink out of them.
The first batch of tequila was apparently made in 1530, and it quickly became a popular drink among the locals. By the early 1600s, commercial production of tequila had begun, and the drink was being exported to other parts of Mexico and Central America. In the late 1800s, tequila began to gain popularity in the United States, and it has been a popular drink ever since.
Tequila is made from the blue agave plant, which is native to the Mexican state of Jalisco.
The plants are harvested and then cooked in order to extract the juice. The juice is then fermented and distilled to create the finished product. Tequila can be either clear or gold in color, and it ranges in strength from 35% to 55% alcohol by volume.
There are several different types of tequila, including blanco, reposado, and añejo. Blanco, or white tequila, is the most common type and is typically unaged. Reposado, or rested tequila, is aged for two to twelve months in oak barrels. Añejo, or aged tequila, is aged for at least one year in oak barrels.
Tequila is traditionally served in a small glass called a caballito. It can also be served on the rocks or with a mixer. Popular tequila-based cocktails include the Margarita, the Paloma, and the Tecate.
If you’re looking to try something new, give tequila a shot. It’s a delicious and versatile drink that is sure to please. Perfect for your wedding!
The Best Tequila Cocktails For a Wedding
When you think of tequila, you might not immediately think of wedding cocktails. But trust us, this versatile spirit can be used to create some truly unique and delicious drinks that your guests will love. Here are our top picks for the best signature tequila cocktails for your wedding:
- Pink spritzers are a refreshing and feminine drink that your guests will love. They are made with tequila, pink lemonade, and sparkling wine. Perfect for a summer wedding!
- The Margarita: A classic tequila cocktail that is perfect for any type of wedding. You can make it as simple or as festive as you like.
- The Tequila Sunrise: This pretty drink is made with tequila, orange juice, and grenadine. It’s perfect for a brunch wedding.
- The Tequila Sunset: This is a spin on the classic Tequila Sunrise, made with tequila, orange juice, and cranberry juice. It’s perfect for a fall or winter wedding.
- The Jalapeño Margarita: This spicy twist on the classic margarita is made with tequila, lime juice, and jalapeño-infused simple syrup. It’s perfect for a fun and festive wedding.
- The Mexican Mule: This refreshing cocktail is made with tequila, ginger beer, and lime juice. It’s perfect for a winter wedding.
- The Strawberry Margarita: This fruity cocktail is made with tequila, strawberry puree, and lime juice. It’s perfect for a spring or summer wedding.
- The Watermelon Margarita: This refreshing cocktail is made with tequila, watermelon puree, and lime juice. It’s perfect for a summer wedding.
- The Spicy Paloma: This twist on the classic Paloma is made with tequila, grapefruit juice, lime juice, and jalapeño-infused simple syrup. It’s perfect for a fun and festive wedding.
- The Skinny Margarita: This lightened-up version of the classic margarita is made with tequila, fresh lime juice, and agave nectar. It’s perfect for a health-conscious wedding.
- The Paloma: This refreshing cocktail is made with tequila, grapefruit juice, and lime juice. It’s perfect for a summer wedding.
We hope you’ll enjoy these signature tequila cocktails at your wedding! Cheers!
Before you go, here are some more ideas for delicious Wedding Cocktails:
Want to read more of our latest posts? Check out our post about Wedding Etiquette and Advise on what to do and what to do.