10 TOTALLY INSTAGRAMMABLE HONEYMOON DESTINATIONS
Whilst I don’t travel to places based on their ‘Instagram-abilty’, as a keen amateur photographer, I do like to research my destination beforehand to find out if there’s anywhere colourful that will fit the aesthetic of my Instagram feed.
Instagram has quickly turned into my hobby, a personal portfolio and scrap book where I collect all my favourite memories. Going on adventures in search of colourful buildings and wall murals isn’t a bad way to spend a holiday either. I often stumble across hidden gems, that I’d never have found if I wasn’t a colour seeker. I do however like to take a few camera free days too so I can totally switch off and enjoy my company and surroundings. So whether your looking to take insta-worthy pool shots or immerse yourself in a digital detox with your newly betrothed, we’ve collaborated with 101 Honeymoons to highlight ten of the best getaways for newlyweds.
1. Anguilla: It would be near impossible to resist sharing images of this luxurious destination with pristine sands and turquoise waters. Head to the majestic cliffs of Anguilla’s West End to see the natural rock arch or the historic pink house that was destroyed by Hurricane Irma in 2017 but has since been rebuilt and is as pretty as ever.
Check out Caribtours for the latest on offers and discounts on luxury honeymoons in Anguilla.
2. Bellagio, Italian Lakes: Positioned at the fork that divides the southern half of Lake Como, Bellagio is the busiest village of the lake and is known as ‘The Pearl of Lake Lario’. Here you can eat your heart out and try local wine or explore the picturesque streets where you’re sure to get a load of insta-worthy shots.
Discover more of what Bellagio has to offer with Italy specialists Inghams.
3. Jamaica Inn: Imagine private access to your own little cove, swimming in your own infinity plunge pool and sipping champagne on your veranda surrounded by custom furniture. You’re at the Jamaica Inn in Ocho Rios. With a range of suites and cottages, each has an ocean view that’s so stunning you wont be able to resist the urge to snap.
4. DDG Retreat: Located behind the coast of the Costa Del Sol, is the DDG Retreat, Spain’s most romantic boutique accommodation. Choose to stay in the romantic Casa Pino or in the luxurious Maharaja or Royal suites for those looking for more a more extravagant stay. Instagram yourself enjoying a dip in your own private plunge pool or sipping champagne in a hot tub overlooking the hills.
5. Gilpin Hotel and Lake House: You don’t have to travel to far to find Insta-worthy locations. Situated in the English Lake District, the Gilpin Hotel and Lake House are two separate estates, surrounded by picture perfect views of the English countryside and Insta-worthy Michelin-starred food.
(Photo by Asaf Kliger, Room Design by John Bark & Charlie Kasselback – Artisan Travel)
6. ICEHOTEL® Sweden: This ice cold destination is truly unforgettable. The chance to sleep in a hotel made of ice and snow and the opportunity to marvel at the incredible art and designs that are handcrafted each season is something not everyone gets to experience. Reconstructed every year with walls, fixtures and fittings all made from ice, you better start making some space on that memory card because you won’t want to miss a thing.
Find out more about ice hotels or book your winter adventure with Artisan Travel.
7. Madeira: Though Portugal is a popular holiday destination, the country and it’s islands are often overlooked by honeymooners. From luxurious hotels to country manor houses and pristine beaches to countryside retreats, Madeira is full of picture opportunities but nothing quite compares to the botanical gardens in March and April when the blooms begin to fall from the Laurel, coating the landscape in pink and purple petals. Who needs to travel to Japan?
Find out more about Madeira and where to stay with Classic Collection.
8. Safari: If you’re up for a world of adventure, take your honeymoon on Safari with Mahlatini. Home to the big five, Africa is THE place to go. Whether you decide to go in search of Africa’s big cats, watch wildebeest migrate or go Gorilla trekking, you’re sure to have the most amazing experience EVER. No one could blame you for wanting to take a million and one snaps.
9. The Philippines: With underground rivers, tiny primates, secluded beaches, festivals that fill the streets with colour, costumes and dancing, volcanoes, and jungles, to explore, it’s hard to imagine having time to relax on a gorgeous beach, but the Philippine islands really do have something for everyone #nofilterneeded.
Plan the perfect honeymoon in the Philippines with Fleewinter.
10. Tuscany: Since I’ve just come back from my own Italian adventure, I couldn’t resist mentioning another of my favourite Italian destinations. Just some of the things you can do whilst visiting Tuscany, include taking a day trip to Cinque Terre and marveling at the colourful houses, exploring the art galleries in Florence and of course no trip to Tuscany is complete without visiting a vineyard for a spot of wine tasting.
Explore the romance of Tuscany with your own villa for two with To-Tuscany.
Let us know which honeymoon destination will be taking over your insta?