Planning a DIY wedding is hard enough, even if you have the time and skills. So, when it comes to adding your own handmade touches, when you have neither, it’s easy to throw out the idea once and for all and start over with something ‘easier’ but not necessarily ‘YOU’!. The thing is you can add instant personality to any wedding, whether you’ve handmade it or not, all you have to do is get creative as event designer & stylist, Ronya explains.Details
Flower chandeliers are quickly becoming a popular centre piece for weddings, engagement parties and even bridal showers, and it’s easy to see why right?! Whether you’re planning a bridal shower, hosting an outdoor dinner party or celebrating an engagement, taking your floral displays to new heights not only looks amazing, but smells amazing too.
If you’d like to make a floral chandelier but don’t know where to start, then fret not because Pro Flowers are here today to teach us all how! Their step-by-step guide and video tutorial will guide you through making a flower chandelier but before you roll up your sleeves, let’s make sure you have all the materials you’ll need to get started.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Fresh flowers – When selecting flowers, have a theme in mind, consider which blooms are in season and also which flowers will hold up the longest without water. Fresh blooms of different types work well for this project. The florals you select should have long stems, this will make it easier to attach the flowers by threading them through the base.
- Fresh foliage – Select fresh foliage that matches the theme of your chandelier.
- Floral hoop – You’ll need a floral hoop to create the top tier of your chandelier. We recommend a hoop that is 19 inches in diameter, but you can choose any size, as long as it’s smaller than the large wire wreath.
- Large wire wreath – A large wire wreath frame will act as the base of your chandelier. We recommend one that is 24 inches in diameter. If you’re not able to find a suitable wire frame, a hula hoop will work just fine. A green hoop is ideal for this project, but if you can’t find one, you can always paint it.
- Floral tape – Floral tape is ideal for fresh flowers due to its strength and elasticity. It also comes in natural hues like greens and browns which blend well with flowers.
- Floral wire – You’ll use floral wire to attach fresh flowers and foliage to your small hoop and large wire frame.
- Fishing line – You’ll need fishing line to hang your chandelier. You can also opt for twine, string or ribbon if you’re going for a rustic or vintage feel.
- Scissors – You’ll need to cut the tape and fishing line, so have scissors or a sharp knife handy.
- Crimp tubes – You’ll use crimp tubes to secure your fishing line in place. These are small metal rings that will make it so your knots don’t slip out of the fishing line.
- Pliers – Pliers will be used to secure the crimp tubes to the fishing line.
Mothers Day has already happened for us over here in the UK but we couldn’t let our friends from over the pond’s Mother’s Day pass without a fun free printable that’s sure to make all the mothers smile! I don’t know about you but my mum absolutely loves receiving flowers but why not jazz up those flowers one step further by printing off one of our pretty flower wraps?
There are 3 different designs to choose from and I really think they bump the gift of flowers up a notch! You can either print the designs onto large A3 paper for a large bouquet or print them out onto smaller pieces of paper for cute little bunches of flowers.
YOU WILL NEED:
First of all you’ll want to bunch your flowers together, so cut them down to their desired length and then add an elastic band or some tape to secure them all together.
If you want to add in some tissue paper like we have here then now is the time to add it in! Simple a cut a square out of your favourite coloured tissue paper and wrap or fold it around the flowers. I find it works best by placing the bouquet at one corner of the tissue then wrapping the right side of it over to the left, then fold up the bottom part of the tissue paper over that and finally fold the left side over top.
That time of year is almost upon us, where pastels takeover and flowers begin to greet the sunshine! What better way to welcome the fresh and fun spring time than with a colorful spring tablescape! Bright colors and blooming flowers are not just mood boosters, but also the perfect touches to brighten up your dream wedding! Your guests will ‘ooh and aww’ over all of the unique, chic details of a fresh spring time look! Because let’s face it, you can never have too many spring florals or bright colors!
1. We think you might be able to taste the rainbow eating from this bright and colorful tablescape! (Image above by Palos Studio, floral design by Posh Peony, stationery by Details Beyond Design & Jasmin Michelle Designs, rentals by Circa Vintage Rentals & Classic Party Rentals)
2. Between the gold dinos and geometric decorations this tablescape screams FUN! It’s the perfect inspo for couples who want to incorporate their unique personalities into their wedding. (Image by Birds of a Feather, event design by Wild Heart Events, floral embellishments by Oak Barrel & Bloom, linens by La Tavola Linens)
4. For couples who want something a little simpler, try a POP of color like these deep blue glasses! (Image by Anna Delores Photography, event design by Vanessa Noel Events, floral design by The Little Branch)