Autumn might be in full swing, but I am not quite ready to let summer slip by just yet, especially as this week I found out that Mr T had booked us a surprise getaway for my 30th in December and he’s promised it’s going to be somewhere HOT HOT! From pineapples to palm trees, the exotic trend was the theme for the summer, so in homage to one of my favourite styles here is a tropical fiesta as a fitting farewell to summer 2016.
Photo via Bespoke Bride
We are super super excited that today is the very first day of October and you know what that means right? HALLOWEEN!!! Having lunch with a friend last week, she asked us how we managed to stay colorful for the autumnal weather and whilst we admit it is a bit more of a challenge, bright bold colours are definitely are in for fall!
This got us thinking about weddings and how we could apply our love of colour to autumn/ winter weddings, so where better to start than with pumpkins. We have scoured the web for 12 of our favourite colorful pumpkin DIY’s and we promise there is not an ounce of orange in sight.
1. Pastel Pumpkin Cookies: For any of you that may be unfamiliar with the work of Deanna from Obsessive Cookie Designer, she is a cookie extraordinaire, making fancy custom sugar cookies for all to enjoy. These candy colored pumpkin cookies are a daydream and the perfect way to see in one of our favourite holidays.
Photo via Lovely Indeed
2. Painted Mini Pumpkins: So mini pumpkins are just the cutest right, especially when painted in such fun colours! Don’t you think these would make awesome table decorations at a wedding, or even as little place name holders, oh, I would have so much fun with these!
Photo by Jared Smith via Sugar & Cloth
3. Sequin Polka Dot Pumpkins: Polka dots are pretty much my favourite pattern so imagine my excitement when I saw it on a pumpkin! The gold against the white is so pretty and classy, whilst the sequins add a touch of glamour making it a great decor choice for a wedding.
Photo via For the Makers
4. Gold & Neon No-carve Pumpkins: This is one of my favourite pumpkin DIY’s EVER! They are just so funky! Painted in gold first, then with a touch of colour is super effective.
Photo via Sarah Hearts
5. Decoupage Tissue Paper Pumpkins: Using tissue paper to decorate your pumpkins can add a cool textured look to your pumpkin and is a great way to use up any left pieces of tissue paper from gifts etc.
Photo via Fall For DIY
6. Halloween Party Pumpkin Pops: When I saw these cake pops, I couldn’t help but think how cool they would be on desert table at a fall wedding, or any event for that matter. This DIY is super simple and can be made in any colour to match your theme.Details
I hope you’re feeling the tropical vibes today because we’ve teamed up with Shutterfly to bring you a fun and fruity styled shoot that would be perfect for a bridal shower or bachelorette party! And let me reassure you that even though we are settling into Autumn now, a fruity theme is beautiful and timeless, no matter what the season! You could even choose fruit that’s notorious for the season you’re hosting in, like cranberries for winter and pumpkins and squash for Autumn!
The best part about this shoot is you can personalize every single item featured here to fit your individual style, how awesome is that?! As you guys know though we absolutely love bright, bold colors and fun tropical prints so we tailored the products to match! Here’s 6 easy ways that Shutterfly can make your bridal shower just as fun…
1. USE SLOGAN WINE GLASSES
You can’t deny that slogans are having a real moment right now and when we saw these fun wine glasses we just knew they would be perfect for a girls night! We chose ours to say ‘Trust me, you can dance” (here) and “Bottoms Up!”(here), but you could choose your own quotes or even have the date of your bachelorette party! Don’t forget to complete the glassware with a cute decanter!
2. GET A STATEMENT TABLE RUNNER
We completely fell in love with the pineapple print available within Shutterfly’s Art Library and it’s quite clear how fab it looked as a table runner! We were super impressed with the quality and it made such a statement to really set the tone for the rest of the décor.
3. MAKE YOUR PLATES POP!
Patterned plates look fantastic on tables and are a super easy way to add an extra element of color or pattern to your décor, we chose a watermelon print when we were personalizing our plates to continue with our tropical, fruity theme! You could even add in some pretty placemats underneath!
We love it when things get tropical around here! The rainbow of colours make the gloomiest of days seem brighter and the fruits and greenery have us daydreaming of sand between our toes and sun on our skin. I have always wanted to visit Cuba, with colorful buildings and funky cars it’s probably not surprising that it’s on my bucket list, so when stylist, Bridgette of City Celebration contacted us with this quirky Cuban themed wedding inspiration, I just had to share it with you.