DIY BEYONCE LYRIC GLASSES (AKA COCKTAILS AND A WHOLE LOTTA QUEEN B!)
I don’t know about you guys but ever since Beyonce’s new album Lemonade dropped I have been OBSESSED with it!! Not only that, it completely resurrected my love for the queen B herself and I now I can’t stop listening to all her old songs either (there is some serious sass getting played/sang/danced to around my house right now!
So last week while I was listening to ‘Lemonade’ I was going through our blog schedule and thinking up some fun DIY ideas and it hit me! BAM! Why don’t we make some cocktail glasses with Beyonce lyrics on them?! I’m planning on using these for my Birthday in a couple of weeks time when I have all the girls over for drinks and I think they would be super fun for a hen party or bachelorette party or even as favours for your female guests! GIRL POWEL y’all!
If you would like to make these for yourself continue reading our DIY below however, we have BIG NEWS!!! You can now buy these in our new shop, just click the button below to order yours!
Alternatively you can also check out our Mean Girls quote stickers which are super fun and perfect for a girls night! (so fetch)
Right…Back to the DIY…
YOU WILL NEED:
Plain glasses (I bought these ones from Argos and they were £1.99 for 4 glasses! Total bargain!) // A Cricut Explore* // Cricut’s Gold Window Cling // Transfer tape // (alternatively you can buy the stickers here)
* Please note I’m sure you could still do this with gold sticker letters if you wanted to, but you would need ALOT of letters and I think they would fall off quite easy! By using a Cricut machine you can just type in or upload what you want it to cut out and it will do it for you which is way easier!
Upload the following the Beyonce Quotes or whichever ones you would prefer to your Cricut Design Space:
- “Disrespect us no they won’t”
- “Diva is a female version of a hustler”
- “Ok ladies now let’s get in formation”
- “Put your freakum dress on”
- “Fresher than you”
- “I’m so reckless when I rock my Givenchy dress”
- “I got hot sauce in my bag swag”
- “I am the dragon breathing fire”
- “I dream it, I work hard, I grind till I own it”
- “I slay”
- “I woke up like this”
- “I remind you I’m so hood with this”
- “I’ve been drinkin’, I’ve been drinkin'”
- “Smack it, smack it, in the air”
- “Who run the world? Girls”
Size them to whatever size suits your glasses, I sized ours to roughly 2-3inches wide.
Place your gold window cling onto a standard grip mat and hit that Go button and watch while the Cricut cut outs all of your lyrics for you!
Using your transfer tape, place one quote onto a glass, rubbing the transfer tape hard against the glass so it sticks well and then pull the transfer tape away!
Continue until you have covered all of your glasses with your Beyonce quotes and then fill them up with your favourite cocktail of choice!
Job done! What do you guys think? I absolutely love them and can’t wait to use them throughout the summer! You obviously don’t have to put Beyonce quotes on them either, if you wanted to you could pop yours and your partner’s song lyrics on the glasses and use them at your wedding! How cute!