How To Make Your Own Terrarium Centerpiece
This time last year I treated myself to a terrarium from John Lewis, I fell in love with the shape and couldn’t wait to put it in the living room. Fast forward one year and it was still sitting empty in the fireplace, it was time I got my ass into gear and put it to good use, so today I am showing you how to make your own terrarium centerpiece.
As I mentioned I got this terrarium from John Lewis but it is very easy to create your own versions using goldfish bowls and bell jars, basically, anything glass with a wide enough depth and surface area to plant your succulents in will do just fine and will probably be a lot cheaper too!
This is how I did it…
You Will Need : A Terrarium// Slate shale// Soil// An assortment of succulents and/or cacti// Protective gardening gloves//
Step 1: Line the bottom of your terrarium with slate shale this will help with drainage when you water.
Step 2: Add the soil. I filled mine so that it was about an inch to 2 inches from the top, to make sure there was enough room for all my plants.
Step 3: Start by planting your larger plants in the soil.
Step 4: Then fill in the spaces with your small plants and cacti.
Step 5: Give them a little water and woila you have your very own pretty indoor garden!
I love how rustic this terrarium looks! I cant wait to see yours, remember to hashtag #BespokeBride on Instagram and if you like our DIYs you can show your support by voting for us here & here, we would really appreciate it!
Why should you make your own Terrarium Centerpiece?
Making your own terrarium centerpiece at home is a fantastic idea for many reasons. Terrariums are unique, low-maintenance, and beautiful additions to any home décor, and they make excellent centerpieces for weddings, parties, or other special occasions. Here are a few reasons why making your own terrarium centerpiece at home is a great idea:
- Cost-effective: Making your own terrarium centerpiece is a great way to save money on décor. You can create a stunning centerpiece with just a few simple materials, such as a glass container, soil, plants, and decorative elements like stones, moss, or miniature figurines. You can also use recycled materials like glass jars or vases to create a unique and eco-friendly centerpiece.
- Low-maintenance: Terrariums are incredibly low-maintenance and require very little attention. They are self-contained ecosystems that can sustain themselves for weeks or even months without any watering or care. This makes them a great option for busy people who don’t have the time or inclination to care for a traditional plant.
- Versatile: Terrariums come in all shapes and sizes, so they can be adapted to fit any décor style or occasion. You can create a rustic terrarium with natural elements like moss, stones, and twigs, or a more modern terrarium with sleek geometric shapes and colorful succulents. Terrariums can also be customized to fit any color scheme or theme.
- Creative: Making your own terrarium centerpiece is a fun and creative activity that allows you to express your personality and style. You can experiment with different plant combinations, decorative elements, and container shapes to create a unique and one-of-a-kind centerpiece. You can also use terrarium-making as a fun activity to do with friends or family.
- Health benefits: Terrariums not only look beautiful but also have health benefits. They help to purify the air by removing toxins and pollutants, and they can also improve mood and reduce stress levels. The act of caring for and nurturing a plant can also have therapeutic effects and promote a sense of calm and well-being.
In conclusion, making your own terrarium centerpiece at home is a great idea for many reasons. It’s cost-effective, low-maintenance, versatile, creative, and has health benefits. Whether you’re looking to decorate your home, create a centerpiece for a special occasion, or simply enjoy a fun and creative activity, making a terrarium is a great way to do it. With just a few simple materials and a bit of creativity, you can create a beautiful and unique terrarium that will bring life and beauty to any space.
Much Bespoke Love