14 UNIQUE TRANSPORTATION IDEAS FOR YOUR WEDDING
If you are looking to book your wedding transport but feeling jaded with the traditional offerings of limos and Rolls Royce’s, today’s post is just for you. Don’t get me wrong, classic cars are awesome but we like to make things a little more interesting, so we have searched our blog archives for 14 of the most quirky transportation ideas, to ensure you arrive at your wedding in style!
1. Yellow School Bus: Something you wouldn’t expect to see here in the UK but head to the US and you would typically see hundreds of these buses carting kids off to school. Personally, if this had been my school bus I would have caught one every day with no hesitation. It would have made me so happy to see this bright ray of sunshine trundling down the road each morning, which is why I think they make the best wedding transportation for this bride and her squad. (Photo by Tamytha Cameron Photography)
2. Vespa: If you fancy yourselves as characters out of ‘Mad Men’ the Vespa would be the perfect retro getaway for the both of you. It would look like something straight out of a movie, the two of you, the open road ahead and wind blown hair – so romantic! (Photo by Allie Marion Photography)
3. Vintage Chevrolet: I am a huge fan of old American cars and in my opinion these vintage Chevrolets are one of America’s greatest treasures. I could totally see myself rolling up to my wedding in one of these, rockin’ out to some classic highway tunes. (Photo by Delaluz Photos)
4. Bicycle: Chances are a bike isn’t going to be very practical but we still love the idea of using them for photo opportunities. Riding a bicycle is fun and easy, especially if the wedding venue is near your home, hotel, or reception and you’re on a budget. Just make sure your wedding gown doesn’t get caught on the spokes or chain.(Photo by Pine & Pearl Photography)
5. Pickup Truck: Another classic American vehicle, the pickup truck is so cool! Imagine waving your guests goodbye as you leave for your honeymoon. You chuck your luggage in the back and drive off into the sunset, one arm leaning on the window, with your wedding cans rattling along behind you. You can tell I watch way to many romantic chick flicks. (Photo by Urban Safari Photography, Ltd.)
6. Vintage VW Camper van: It’s not surprising that a VW camper made its way on to the list, especially when they are as rad as this hippy mobile! Experience pure nostalgia as you get to the venue in this classic image of carefree living, something you might want to look forward to in the years ahead.(Photo by Becca Blevins Photography)
7. Morris Minor: There is nothing more quintessentially British than a Morris Minor. It’s character makes it a popular choice for car enthusiasts and dressed in flowers, it is easy to see why it had to be on our list. (Photo by Velvet Storm)
8. Shasta RV: Can’t imagine yourself rolling up to your wedding in an RV? Well let me change your mind for you. Not only are these the cutest caravans around, they also double up as a great place to get ready, freshen up and they have the added bonus of being turned into a honeymoon suite once the party is over. What more could you ask for? (Photo by Leah Marie Photography)
9. Boat: When you tell people you are arriving to your wedding by boat you could expect to see a few worried faces but we think it would be a beautiful way to arrive and leave, take some time to relax, enjoy the surroundings and really be in the moment with either your bridal party or your other half, before the madness really begins. If you have lots of paper to burn, a yacht is also an excellent option for a more luxurious and memorable wedding entrance. Add a few choice touches to make it seem like a fairytale ride from your dreams. (Photo by Alexandra Wallace)
10. Skateboard: Turning up on a skateboard would be the most over the top, rock n roll way to enter your wedding but OMG wouldn’t it be so cool! Young couples are into skateboarding and similar ways of moving about, making them a great complement to more street-style themes. This is especially true with urban lovers and sports enthusiasts. Don’t forget to top it all off with limited-edition sneakers. (Photo by Moran Mayan)
11. Taxi: Chances are if you live in New York or London, you get cabs all the time but if you live outside the city, getting a ride in one of the original taxis would be a novel way to arrive at your wedding. You can request the taxi company to decorate your wedding transport service for an extra charge. Or, you can decorate it right on the spot by attaching a big ribbon and flowers. (Photo by Cassi Claire)
12. Airstream: Just like the RV, this Airstream is a fancy way to ensure you can get ready on the go and doubles up as a honeymoon suite. (Photo by Marissa Cribbs Photography)
13. Tractor: Looking for something that will also transport your wedding party and guests? Why not attach a trailer to a tractor and have them do lifts? This would be especially useful if your planning on hosting your wedding on a farm. Tractors are also perfect for rough terrains, like a mountainous or hilly wedding venue. (Photo by Cathy and David Photographers)
14. Walk: Walking might not seem like a good way to get to your wedding but if your venue is within walking distance and the weather is on your side, why not walk to the venue together? It might be just what you need to calm those wedding day nerves and will provide you and your hubby to be with an intimate moment just between the two of you before you spend the rest of the day with your guests. (Photo by Brilliant Imagery)
How are you planning on travelling to your wedding? We want to know? If you still want to ride in a classic car, and are one of our followers in Perth, Australia – you can check out the prices for limo hire in Perth or wherever you are.
So I have seen allot of different transportation ideas. But first time I have seen a school bus! Love it. Great to see something new.
Cool transportation ideas on a wedding day! Its really important to find a transportation that matches the style of your wedding. Nice post!
Cute article! Offers great alternatives to the typical party bus/trolley! Love this and will pass on to my brides for inspiration!
I love the ideas you have presented here. If I ever get married I don’t know which wedding car idea i’ll choose. I really like stylish classic cars, horse and carriage is like a royal wedding for me. I also like limousines… but I’m sure I will not pick a bike 😉