5 SIMPLE DIY’S TO TRY WITH FLOWERS
All photos by Bespoke Bride
When I started thinking about putting our DIY’s into list posts I had no idea we had so many great floral ones. In the course of 4 years we have had so many flowers we could have easily hosted our very own Chelsea Flower show – ok, so I might over exaggerating a teency tiny bit but who cares, I love flowers!! Who doesn’t?!
The best thing about today’s post is that, if you are a hayfever sufferer like me, all of these tutorials can be created using fake flowers instead which is a blooming win in my books!
1. 3D Flower Art: You might have seen similar projects to this on Pinterest with materials such as thread and paper flowers, but we wanted add our own unique spin and try it out with beautiful fresh flowers instead! We love the idea of using photos from an engagement shoot, decorating it with fresh flowers and displaying your art at your wedding! You could even use photos from the day and display in your home after the occasion for a special touch.
2. Hanging Flower Boxes: We love how these hanging flower boxes can add a pop of colour to any plain wall. Great for a wedding, but they would even look super stylish in your home, am I right?
3. Flower Tulle Skirt: Super simple and chic and you won’t believe that it cost less than £30 to make! How amazing would this look on a wedding gown or even on your bridesmaids/flower girls?
4. Watercolour Flower Balloons: Here is how to make a simple white balloon so much prettier!
5. Naked Cake with Edible Flowers: This DIY is so quick, easy and super effective! No one would ever believe you did it yourself!
Beautiful Flowers For Your Simple DIY Projects
You can use many sorts of beautiful flowers for your DIY projects like the ones presented above. Here are some examples:
- Roses: You can do different creative projects and masterpieces with rose petals. Roses are beautiful and fragrant, and you can use them to create luxury bath soaks and soaps. Dried rose petals can also be perfect when making homemade potpourri.
- Sunflowers: Sunflowers symbolize hope and new beginnings. Their leaves are perfect greens for salads and teas. You can boil them like spinach or bake them like kale chips. You can also turn sunflowers into garlands as beautiful wedding decors.
- Daisies: You can make daisy chains, miniature daisy flower pots, garlands, flower petal placemats, suncatcher wind chimes, and more with tiny daisies. Because daisies come in different colors, they also make beautiful confetti.
- Lavender: Aside from its essential oil, lavender is also an excellent flower subject for your DIY projects, such as making scented candles, fragrant wreaths, soaps, teas, pet deodorizers, lavender bags, and wardrobe repellents.
How do you like the simple DIY projects using flowers you just learned? You can choose from freshly picked or dried beautiful flowers and turn them into a creative DIY masterpiece. Choose your favorite flowers and start doing your next DIY project.
Don’t forget if you decide to try any of our DIY’s, take a snap and post them to Instagram using #BespokeBrideDIY! We want to see your creations in action!