WEEKEND WEDDING PLANNING: TAKE A BREAK
Perhaps it’s because I’ve never really planned a wedding before but damn is it a roller coaster! Sometimes I am so excited I wish it was yesterday, other days I am totally overwhelmed by how soon it is, when it’s really not soon at all! I am still stressing over this date thing, worrying myself sick that the vendors we have our hearts set on will get booked up before we even get a chance and I’m going through all this and it’s still 15 months away! Can you imagine what a stress head I will be when it really is time to start booking everything.
This month I have decided to take myself away from wedding planning as there isn’t much else I can do until the new year, so I am busying myself with other projects instead. First, myself and Mr T are heading to Sri Lanka in December so we have booked our flights and are now researching places to go as we will be doing a fair bit of travelling whilst we are there. We are looking for recommendations of places to go and stay as well as things to do so please let give us your recommendations, we’d love to know!.
This month I have also been invited to Jess’s murder mystery part, otherwise know as the ‘Circus of Slaughters’ which she is hosting for Halloween. I am so excited, I never been to anything like this before and I have been given the job of Ring Master which means I get to put my theater skills to use for the first time in 10 years. I have seen some amazing ideas for a costume and cannot wait to get DIY’ing my outfit! I’m curious what you guys are dressing up as this Halloween?
If like me you are taking a break from wedding planning this weekend here are some other links you might like…
- My favourite thing about Halloween is the all fun and totally unique costumes other bloggers come up with, including this DIY Ring Pop Costume from Studio DIY. Great if you’ve just got engaged and really want to make the most of it.
- If you were a kid in the 90’s than you will have almost definitely had a bottle of colorful sand art somewhere on your desk, I know I did so you can imagine my excitement when I saw this Sand Art Cake. Can you imagine this as a wedding cake!
- As colour lover myself I can’t tell you how much this Vibrant Wedding Inspiration brought me joy this week!
- Ok I know this Macrame Room Divider DIY was meant to be for the home, but how beautiful would be as backdrop at a wedding? Perhaps behind the top table? Boho brides, you can thank me later!
- If the Macrame wall hanging wasn’t enough how about this Apple Basket DIY as unique alternative for a flower girl to take down the aisle? Just remember to not chuck apples at the guests as you would confetti! 😀
- If your having a fall wedding and are looking for a classy way to do pumpkins as decor how about these Glass Bead Jack-O-Lanterns?
- And last but not least, I couldn’t help but share this Neon Sign Giveaway as it’s super similar to the one that’s on display at the restaurant we are desperately wanting to book in Mexico!
If you would like to follow along with my weekend of wedding planning be sure to tag your photos on Instagram and use the hashtag #BBWedPlans